This post is really to help keep the focus of Christmas.
I LOVE this picture. What a humble child? This is truly the reason for the Christmas season. This is why we have Christmas to remember His birth and His sacrifices. Every year my mom would listen to Christmas music Nov. 1st you might say that is early but why not yet in the Christmas spirit early to remember all of what he has done for each of us. Christmas is one month from today! WOW how time flies. I was reading today in the December Ensign. Here is a quote from President Monson "True happiness comes only by making others happy- the practical application of the Savior's doctrine of losing one's life to gain it. The Christmas spirit is the Christ spirit, that makes our hearts glow in brotherly love and friendship and prompts us to kind deeds of service." "Giving, not getting, brings to full bloom the Christmas spirit... To catch the real meaning of the "spirit of Christmas," we need to drop the last syllable, and it becomes the "Spirit of Christ."
I LOVE this picture. What a humble child? This is truly the reason for the Christmas season. This is why we have Christmas to remember His birth and His sacrifices. Every year my mom would listen to Christmas music Nov. 1st you might say that is early but why not yet in the Christmas spirit early to remember all of what he has done for each of us. Christmas is one month from today! WOW how time flies. I was reading today in the December Ensign. Here is a quote from President Monson "True happiness comes only by making others happy- the practical application of the Savior's doctrine of losing one's life to gain it. The Christmas spirit is the Christ spirit, that makes our hearts glow in brotherly love and friendship and prompts us to kind deeds of service." "Giving, not getting, brings to full bloom the Christmas spirit... To catch the real meaning of the "spirit of Christmas," we need to drop the last syllable, and it becomes the "Spirit of Christ."I love this season of giving. My family every year would have a dinner and program for the older single ladies in the ward. My brother called them our old wrinkle friends. It was about 8 to 10 of them. We would go pick them up and take them to our house. Mom would make stew and homemade rolls and would make a pumpkin cake for dessert. Then we would do the nativity and sing songs. Then we would take them home, on the way home we would take them to see the lights around town.
Another thing we would do is find a few families that just moved in or someone who needed something for Christmas and do the 12 days of Christmas.
I love Christmas. My last post was not let it be a focus on me but to help my sister give her ideas for Santa. I try to give more then I will receive cause that is the meaning of Christmas. If fact I don't want anything.

1 wise friends.:
Thanks for this wonderful post! So true. m
Post a Comment