Friday, November 7, 2008

Thanksgiving!











The things I like about ThanksGIVING: fall colors, turkey, mash potatoes, stuffing, pie, giving to others, sharing memories, love from family and friends, fall decorations, time to reflect on what I have been given and count my blessings and give thanks to those who have helped me on long my journey in life.

I remember one year my father brought a homeless man home for Thanksgiving dinner. In fact there was many times where my dad would bring someone over or we would take dinner to someone. My dad is a great example of serving others. My dad is no stranger and talks to everyone! It was great to share dinner with someone who was less fortunate as we were. I am grateful for that time when my dad did that for us to think of others at a great time of the year. I am grateful for my family and to have a mother and a father who cares so much for me.

2 wise friends.:

chelle said...

I love the colors also!!! Mash potatoes can't ever go wrong. Family is good.

You do have a wonderful family. I hope you are able to start yours very soon. I am thinking of you always. m

chelle said...

Thanks for you comment on my blog. m