Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Special Olympics

On Saturday I participated in the Special Olympic Triathlon. It was a 50 meter swim, 2.5 mile bike and 1/2 mile run. I did the swimmin part of the leg. It was great experience to help out the team. To see more about the evet click on http://www.specialolympicsarizona.org/. One of my friends works for the Special Olympics in Chandler and asked if I would help a girl on the team. I was delighted and had a lot of fun. Many of you know I love special needs kids and have worked with them for many years. I am looking forward to the time when I can do that everyday. I have made a decision to go into special ed it has been a huge decision for me.

3 wise friends.:

Kristina said...

I'm glad you had fun.

chelle said...

What a great goal. You will have a challenging and VERY rewarding career. You go Girl! M

Keli Call said...

Hi Jo! I just ran into your blog and thought id say hello. Hope things are going good for you! I love your blog and all of your posts they are so cute!